The Collection

Frozen Frames

Project Cover "Ghosts"
Lately I haven't given my camera much attention. This is something I've been meaning to fix but I just haven't had the inspiration or motivation to do so, but luckily I think that's all about to change.

I recently rediscovered a style of photography that is quickly becoming more and more attractive to me. This particular style is know as Cinematic Photography. Like the name implies this style of photography is very reminiscent to modern films. Its hard to define exactly what Cinematic Photography is because many photographers and artists view it differently. Some say for a photograph to be 'Cinematic' the photo must literally be an actual still/scene from a movie. Many others (myself included) look at it as a style that emulates similar qualities of films. For example many times you will see photos with shallow depths of field, darker - more dramatic colors, and of course the wide-screen bars (black bars on the top and bottom of the image). The basic idea is to create a photo that looks as if it were taken straight out of a film.

I'm a huge fan of movies. Growing up I wanted to be a director so there's no big mystery as to why I find this style so appealing. Needless to say I'm really excited at working on new photographs using this style.

The photos I'm sharing in this post are just a brief preview of what is to come. The concepts in the previews were thrown together pretty quickly as it was late during the time of creating them so I was limited with what I could use. Admittedly I hastily threw the shots together so don't judge them to harshly but instead be ready for whats to come - as I promise they will be much more diverse, complex, and striking!

"Afterthought"
"Gentleman's Attire"

Like what you see here? Prove it by sharing this post and more by using the Facebook, Google+, and Twitter share buttons. Be sure to join the Official Through the Lens+ page on Google+ as well.

THROUGH THE LENS Designed by Templateism | MyBloggerLab Copyright © 2016

Through the Lens. Powered by Blogger.