The Collection

The Pursuit of Happiness

"You got a dream... You gotta protect it. People can't do somethin' themselves, they wanna tell you you can't do it. If you want somethin', go get it. Period." 

"Awake"


I've been sitting on this photo for awhile. I've probably processed it a dozen times, trying to find the perfect feel. I've finally gotten it to where I'm most comfortable with it.

There's something about this image that I really love; It could be the girl's beautiful face, or the mood and mystery of the photo, but I think it may be more personal than that. This image came about randomly - just a quick moment where I was toying with my camera and noticed something I had to photograph. This photo reminds that every moment is precious and that to take it for granted would be tragic. The beauty of photography is that it can take such ordinary situations and bring out the beauty and magic of them.

I processed this shot in cinematic style to further exaggerate the mood of the photograph. Focus is forced upon the girls gaze and then across the rest of her face. While the exposure is a bit high the light still feels soft and inviting - complementing the mood, which as the title suggests is awake. While awake may also be taken as alert - which would also fit here - it is better realized as a sense of vibrancy of life and energy.

Thanks for reading! Be sure to share this post and more with the social share buttons. Take care!

THROUGH THE LENS Designed by Templateism | MyBloggerLab Copyright © 2016

Through the Lens. Powered by Blogger.