The Collection

Truly Yours


Unexpectedly J. Cole has just dropped an EP, free for fans. The EP, called "Truly Yours," is in response to J. Cole's sophomore album being delayed. The album, Born Sinner, was suppose to drop in January but has been pushed back to a currently unannounced dated. The EP comes as a welcome surprise and according to J. Cole himself the songs featured on it are tracks that didn't make it onto Born Sinner. Along with the EP Cole left a message for his fans, eager to hear his latest album:
It’s time. I appreciate you giving me the time I needed to grow, experiment, and find the direction for my 2nd album.. And I have. Along the way I’ve recorded at least 4 albums worth of material, lots of it being unfinished demo versions waiting to be polished up, some of them are great songs and important stories that just won’t make the album (either they don’t fit Sonically, don’t fit Theme, or there’s just not enough space) . Tonight, I want to give you a few of these songs because you deserve them. It’s hard as fuck for me to keep all this music from you for so long, so I know it’s been hard for you to wait. Thank you for your patience. Vibe out to these songs in their raw form, no polish.. just a lot of my soul. The wait is over. Truly Yours, Born Sinner. - J. Cole
The EP is only five songs. Songs that haven't even been mastered, but yet they deliver some potent material. It's clear that J. Cole is finding his voice with his music and we're looking forward to Born Sinner, which we can assume must be right around the corner. Cole calls Born Sinner his best work yet and the albums first single is expected to drop within the week. Looks like we'll find out soon enough.


THROUGH THE LENS Designed by Templateism | MyBloggerLab Copyright © 2016

Through the Lens. Powered by Blogger.