The Collection

Mystique

Weird can be enjoyable... sometimes.

The allure of weird things, things we don't understand that is, is the mystery or mystique that surrounds them. And weird knows no bounds. There are weird books, songs, photographs, paintings, and as the post will show you, weird films. If you're a fan of something then sooner or later you're bound to come across the 'weird' genre of that thing you're a fan of.


Upon recently sharing the trailer for a film called 'Wrong' a reader of TTL emailed me saying that "that was possibly the weirdest, yet most interesting, trailer" he'd ever seen. First, I more or less laughed off the comment and replied "glad you enjoyed it," but it soon had me thinking of other films I had seen or heard of... much weirder films.

So I then compiled today's post. The following videos are trailers for what many consider, myself included, to be the weirdest, strangest, or most confusing films off all time. Warning: It's about to get weird.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
What may be the most popular film on the this list, is still just as weird as they come. And this isn't a bad film, I actually quite enjoy it, but yeah, still weird.


Mulholland Drive
Director David Lynch has a way with weird. Mulholland Drive is a perfect example of this. What starts out as the story of a women searching for fame and fortune quickly takes a turn for the weird and pretty much stays on that course the rest of the film. 



Beyond the Black Rainbow
This film falls into the unique category of being weird, yet very intriguing. The trailer is equal parts off-putting and compelling. It's hard to not grimace at certain scenes, but I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't the least bit interestd by trailers-end.


Brazil
I haven't seen this next film, but after watching the trailer (several times) I really, really, want to. So quirky, so strange, it's hard to piece together a coherent description of this film. If you're going to watch any trailer contained in this post, let it be this one -- It starts off weird and somehow only gets weirder.


Delicatessen
This final film definitely takes the cake for weird. After watching the trailer I have absolutely no idea what this movie is about. I haven't seen it of course, but I'm not so sure that seeing it would make much of a difference. If you can make heads or tails of this trailer let us know in the comments below.


THROUGH THE LENS Designed by Templateism | MyBloggerLab Copyright © 2016

Through the Lens. Powered by Blogger.